People wonder how I can travel so much, but I make home out of a short list of things, and have not missed anything else no matter how long im on the road…here’s the list best as I can remember of things I pack to feel home:
– a clean pillow case, pure beech brand from bed bath n beyond (softest feeling ever), washed in tides vanilla-lavender detergent. I fell in love to that scent, wish it was some natural brand but nothing smells close to as perfect as that smell.
– my scarves, some for wearing, most just to bring color to the room.
– my ouidad curly hair stuff in a travel size holder, even tho I cover my hair, cuz it makes me feel soft.
– my favorite rapper’s t-shirt to sleep in
– clothes that don’t wrinkle, and can be layered or stripped down for temperature.
– my music.
– papaya pills, motrin, and my heating pad make up the perfect portable 1st aid kit
– my alarm clock, which acts like it receives the right time from the galaxy, and doubles as a timer during facilitation
– a satchel of gifted sage and lavender
– my chargers, bless them
– pens, and a notebook
– a book to keep by the bed, even if I don’t read it
When I arrive I grab as many blankets as I can, check for eggs and whiskey, take a shower, arrange my things, and im home.
Then I sleep.