I have been learning and remembering other intimacies. Perhaps even collecting.
I am fascinated by those instances when you can feel the fabric of the universe between you and another being fall away or bunch together, bringing you magnificently undeniably closer.
What is chosen at that moment is a talisman of the whole being, of the present moment, of all existence. Do you run? Make a joke? Serious your gaze? Bite your lip & bat your eyes like a teenager aspiring to Hepburn?
Or do you lean into the intimacy of being your actual self in the actual moment, raw uncut live present?
Here are some of the other intimacies I’ve noticed:
– sustained eye contact with a baby or child. There’s no where to go & nothing to hide, but a massive amount to aspire to.
– being vulnerable about your limitation(s) with those who pay you.
– crying. Not constantly or regularly, but uncontrollably and inconsolably. Crying from the root because you are thirsty.
– loving people you do not like.
– a baby or a child pressed up against you knowing you are their safety. The way the..soul? Divine inner being? Mama warrior?…steps to this task, oh it is so beautiful to be alive in that moment.
– to be a child/relation to someone you can support/help/serve – and you want to. From compassion.
– to return to one who has wronged you, knowing their darkness, knowing they know what hurts you, both of you looking in each other’s eyes again.
– to recognize a stranger and smell on each other, hear in each other, something kindred. To let that be, and smile on it, rain on a rosebud, unafraid to open.
I am still noticing. Have you seen others?