1. My life.
2. My mother, carrying me, loving every iteration of me.
3. My father, at my back, thinking always of my safety.
4. My sisters. Warrior rock comrades and best friends. So glad you chose this family, with me in it, and have grown it/us with true love.
5. The gift of writing, the place I know myself.
6. My loves, my woes, my partners, each of you have grown up my heart – you orient me all the time towards my highest self.
7. Finn, 8. Siobhan, 9. Mairead and 10. Summer. 11 & 12. The Unnamed.
13. Emergence – surrendering to, and falling in love with, change.
14. Octavia’s Brood. When the time comes, I’ll die satisfied.
15. Facilitation. Giving me, over and over, hope for humanity and earth.
16. Somatics. Teaching me I’m more than my trauma, and letting me experience so much aliveness.
17. Black lives matter. This work, in my lifetime? Thank you all.
18. Dreaming, for the wisdom and wonder. I can’t believe so much of my waking life is spent dreaming and making dreams come true.
19. The places where sky meets water. The sound of summer. The first snow. The wild and calm ocean. The forever stars. Heart beats. This particular planet, this particular universe.
20. Grief – carving me out over and over, making me so spacious inside.
21. Tarot, pendant, horoscope, guides, witchiness and intuition…it helps so much to not know anything, but with some sense of patterns. I love being magical.
22. Sugar. You’ve gotten me to here. No hard feelings. I needed you.
23. Adela, Lisa, Mia, Anna and other healers who have made my body more whole.
24. Weed. Whiskey too. And moderation.
25. Pleasure, in every iteration.
Being a body of nerves in a sensual world and saying yes. (And, I’m learning, no.) Being prolific and alone, laughing with others, complete release, anticipation, joy. Yes.
26. Reading. Reading voraciously. Grateful for the physical and emotional places I’ve been through pages. Playing scrabble (and bananagrams) for the love of words.
27. Happy style: the celebration of my gorgeous body through clothing and adornment.
28. The privilege of traveling freely in this beautiful world. Feeling home in so many places, with so little.
29. Song – singing just for me, singing to heal, singing with others. Song/poems that measure moments in my life (both sides now, all is full of love, purple rain and adore, man in the mirror, a song for you, 22nd century, misty blue, strangefruit, cheek to cheek, home and so on)
30. My ghosts and ancestors, so thick with me these days.
32. ‘Never a mistake, always a lesson.’
33. The writers who shaped me, and left room for me.
34. Beyonce. The women artists, mothers, athletes, activists, and academics who keep me looking up and ahead.
35. The unknown. Ok, keep surprising me.
36. Complexity. I know nothing, I know everything. I am nothing, I am everything.
37. Self love. This shit is exquisite.